Natural or legal persons of any nationality engaging professionally in any facet of environmental communication.
Joint entries will be accepted from two or more natural and/or legal persons that have made collaborative contributions in environmental dissemination and communication.
Candidatures may be direct, submitted by the interested parties, or indirect, with other natural or legal persons presenting letters of nomination.
3.2. Submission period and procedure
Submissions must be completed by May 31, 2023 at 12 noon (Spanish standard time). All documentation should have been sent in full no later than this date and time.
Entries should be submitted through the email address email@example.com with the name of the first candidate by alphabetical order stated in the subject line.
All documentation must be presented in English, with the exception of the materials substantiating the communication or dissemination activity, which may be submitted in other languages, accompanied by a short summary in English.
Any materials that cannot be attached or electronically identified should be sent by postal mail, with the name of the candidature clearly stated, to the following address:
FOR ENVIRONMENTAL COMMUNICATION
Paseo de Recoletos, 10
28001 Madrid, España
3.3. Required documentation
Entries should include the following documentation:
- A duly completed entry form, signed by the person(s) presenting the candidature (downloaded from this website).
- A description of the communication and dissemination activities (max. five A4 pages).
- In the case of natural persons, a copy of the candidate(s)’ curriculum vitae.
- Copy of or link to the communication and dissemination activities of most significance and impact (up to a maximum of five). Where relevant, candidates are urged to provide some indication of the audience figures reached.
- Copy of letters of nomination or (as the case may be) letters of support, up to a maximum of five. Letters of nomination and letters of support should come from experts or organizations working in nature conservation, the protection of the environment or environmental communication, among them:
- Representatives and/or members of public institutions and authorities with competences in nature conservation, climate change and environmental communication.
- Representatives and/or members of associations of media professionals.
- Scientists and/or experts of acknowledged repute in the areas of communication and the environmental sciences.
- National and international conservationist organizations.
Letters of nomination or support should be sent directly by their signatories, together with the personal data processing form, to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the full name of the candidature appearing in the subject line. Letters should be signed and offer a short reasoned account of the significance and scope of the candidate(s)’ contribution. Note that the signatories of letters of nomination or support must also be identified in the entry form.
The BBVA Foundation guarantees the confidentiality of all documents, which will be put on file after the award decision and in no event shared with third parties.
3.4. Correction of errors
If the submission contains errors that can be corrected, the BBVA Foundation will inform the candidate or nominator to this effect, granting a non-extendible period of 15 calendar days as of this notification in which to rectify the information, so the entry may be accepted for consideration.
No candidate in this call may also submit an entry in the 18th edition of the Biodiversity Conservation Awards.